Creating an outdoor oasis that is both cozy enough for everyday living and inviting for guests has always been a top priority for homeowners. But statistics show more people than ever are investing in their outdoor spaces following the pandemic. In fact, the new study shows 90% of homeowners with outdoor space have utilized it more following the pandemic.
If you are one of the majority of homeowners looking to update your backyard when space is at a premium, a small storage shed could be the answer. Organizing belongings and decluttering is a great first step toward increasing the value of your outdoor space, even with a smaller yard. Finding the right small storage shed to fit your outdoor space depends on your needs. Here are 5 small sheds when space is limited.
A Small Garden Shed with Customized Style: Arrow Classic
Small sheds can immediately brighten up any yard by stowing away clutter and freeing up available space for you to kick back and relax. But you can always dial up the style by choosing a small tool shed that blends seamlessly with the aesthetic of your yard. One way to create your own backyard getaway is to purchase a small storage shed with a pop of color. The Arrow Classic 6 x 5 ft. shed comes in four gorgeous colors ideal for creating a fashionable focal point to your outdoor living space. Add gorgeous landscaping, and even a stone pathway for a unique small tool shed with a ton of character. This Arrow shed also has a slew of benefits, including:
- Sturdy construction: A small storage shed shed must be built tough in order to provide protection for your belongings. This classic steel shed is manufactured with galvanized steel, which is ultra-strong and also treated to prevent rust and corrosion.
- Added security: When storing items like landscaping equipment and tools, it’s important to not only keep them safe from the elements, but also from potential thieves. This small storage shed is big on security, with sliding doors that can be secured with a padlock. It’s a small addition that can add an extra layer of protection to everything you keep inside this shed.
- Durability: This small garden shed stands the test of time thanks to its smart construction, including the low gable roof specially designed to prevent water from pooling. The vertical wall panels are finished with hard-wearing Sherwin Williams polyester paint which staves off rust and corrosion while providing a sleek look.
- Space: Although the Arrow Classic has a compact footprint, it provides plenty of space to store taller items like rakes, and larger belongings like a lawn mower. The 65 in. walls offer easy access and incredible vertical space.
- Convenience: This small tool shed is spacious enough to provide plenty of space for organization. Whether you’re looking for a shovel for the first snow of the season, or gardening tools to prepare seedlings, this storage solution will make your life easier by offering ample space to keep your belongings.
Choose a Lean-To Style Small Tool Shed to Conserve Space
If saving space is your top priority, a lean-to style shed is an ideal choice to conserve area in your backyard. A lean-to shed shares a wall with an adjoining building, so it takes up less area than a freestanding structure. This is especially useful if you don’t have the room to add a more spacious shed, or if you simply want more space in your yard for a garden or patio set. The Yardsaver small storage shed is the perfect compromise; you get ample space for your belongings without sacrificing your entire backyard for the addition. Other attributes include:
- Ultra-strong construction: Small sheds like this one pack a big punch when it comes to their rugged design. The electro galvanized steel is treated with zinc for incredible protection against corrosion and rust. The steel panels combat insects and extreme weather conditions.
- Simple setup: Some traditional storage solutions take a long time to construct. The Yardsaver couldn’t be any easier, and you won’t need professional help to build thanks to the pre-cut and pre-drilled parts.
- Value: When budget is a deciding factor in choosing your ideal small garden shed, the Yardsaver is a smart, economical option that won’t break the bank.
- Taller design: The Yardsaver is the tallest shed in its class, which means you can store taller items or take advantage of this design by storing belongings vertically if needed. If you plan to utilize this small tool shed as a workspace for gardening, this also allows for ample headroom for added comfort.
- Convenience: The Yardsaver is perfect for hard-to-fit areas, utilizing what used to be throwaway space and transforming it into a storage solution in a snap. The pad-lockable swing doors mount on either end so you can get in and out with ease.
Spacemaker: A Small Storage Shed Perfect for the Patio
When your outdoor oasis consists solely of a patio, you may think a storage solution is out of the question. But adding a small garden shed with style onto your patio area can transform your space from cluttered to clean, and even provide more options for decorations. The Spacemaker Patio Steel Storage Shed is an ideal size for stowing away items like pool cushions, children’s toys, and even grilling items when space is at a premium. This small outdoor shed will also provide:
- Convenience: There’s no need to leave pool accessories or children’s toys out in the elements anymore when you have a small storage storage shed to protect your belongings. You’ll always know where your items are, and you’ll love the wide swing door openings that give easy access when you need it.
- Taller design: Maybe you need a spot to store your pool skimmer, or even a rake for your front yard. The taller walls provide extra space for taller items and offer extra room when you need quick access to your outdoor belongings.
- Simple assembly: A storage solution doesn’t have to be complicated to set up. With this small tool shed, assembly is simple thanks to pre-cut and pre-drilled parts that come in kit form. This will save you time, and even money if you planned on needing a professional to put together your shed.
- Compact footprint: This 4ft x 3 ft shed is spacious enough to keep what you need inside but has a small enough footprint to leave plenty of space on your patio for things you really want, like patio furniture or a grill. It will fit seamlessly into any area on a patio without hogging a lot of area.
- Style: These small sheds comes in three colors; flute gray, anthracite, or a bright teal if you are looking to add a pop of vibrant color to your pool area. This clean, elegant design will add both fashion and function to your space.
A Small Garden Shed with Style from ShelterLogic
When you need convenient storage that’s easy on the wallet, ShelterLogic’s Garden Shed is perfect for the side of your home, patio, or deck. It sets up in just 30 minutes with a fabric construction. This small garden shed option offers a simple spot to stow away gardening tools, children’s toys, sporting equipment, or anything else that tends to clutter your yard. Other benefits include:
- Strong frame: This shed may have a fabric cover, but it is ultra-strong with a frame manufactured from 1 inch of carbon steel. This product can stand up to the elements with rugged construction.
- Weather resistant: The frame has a premium powder coated finish which protects from both corrosion and rust. This means you can rest assured it can contend with Mother Nature.
- Simple setup: If you’re dreading a complicated setup for a compact storage shed, this is an ideal option for you. The slip-fit connected frame means no tools are needed!
- Economical: Small sheds with fabric construction are more cost-effective if you’re looking to stay within a certain budget. But you won’t compromise on value and quality with this small garden shed.
- Durable cover: The cover easily attaches with a bungee cord rail tension system, keeping it taut and smooth for a sleek look. The 300D polyester cover also shields your belongings from harmful rays, protecting your investments inside.
Small Sheds with Simple Setup
Setting up an outdoor storage shed can be complicated if you’re not well-versed in DIY projects. But with the EZEE Shed Steel Storage Shed, you’ll enjoy the strength of a traditional storage unit with half the hardware, leading to much faster assembly. Store bicycles, lawnmowers, and other outdoor gear in a snap. Homeowners may also choose the EZEE shed for:
- Strong construction: This all-galvanized steel shed’s Snap-It Quick Assembly system creates a stronger shed even though setup is lightning fast. The overlapping panels connect every 12’’ for a more durable building overall.
- Stylish color palette: These small sheds have a gorgeous aesthetic with an updated color palette for a modern look that blends with your outdoor décor.
- Increased air flow: The gabled vents provide extra airflow, which decreases humidity that can wreak havoc on your belongings inside. This also makes for a more comfortable feel if you are inside for any length of time organizing your shed or retrieving items.
- Customizable: When you are choosing a small tool shed for your yard, this option allows you to customize the look based on your preferences. Choose the same panel color and trim or highlight the trim with contrasting colors.
- More space: The pad-lockable swing door are 33% larger than the competition, making storage simple. The steeper roof pitch also offers more headroom and storage space.
What Can I Store in Small Sheds?
The options are endless when it comes to what to stow away inside these gorgeous small sheds. Some popular options include:
- Gardening tools
- Pool equipment and toys
- Childrens toys
- Automobile tools
- Lawncare items
- Trash cans
- Patio items
A small backyard doesn’t mean you are limited when it comes to durable, stylish storage sheds. Choose from an array of amazing options that transform your yard into a well-kept oasis you’ll be proud to show off to your friends. Never sacrifice storage space again with multiple small garden shed options at an affordable price.