- Read more »There are plenty of options for deck or patio shade, but shade sails offer a charmingly unique and practical solution. Not only do they provide quality sun protection, but these breathable and water-resistant solutions complement any outdoor space for gorgeous and functional outdoor décor. In order to get the most out of your shade cover, you need to use it properly! Check out these 8 tips for a long-lasting backyard shade solution.
1. Pick a good spot.First, you need to pick an ideal area in your backyard for your shade cover. A shade sail should be placed over a spot that not only looks good but ensures you actually benefit from the shade. Include shade over your patio’s dining area, lawn furniture, or wherever the sun shines for up to 90% blockage of harmful UV rays. Further, pick a spot with anchor points within reach. Shade sails need to attach to your home, building, or other posts in order to be erected. Stay clear of electrical wires, utility lines, and tree branches.
2. Slope your shade sail.While our shade sails feature knitted polyethylene that allows water to pass through, angling your shade cover can help maximize its water resistance. If you position your shade sail on a slope, large amounts of water are less likely to pool. Not to mention, leaves and other debris are less likely to accumulate on top with a slanted position. shade cloths come in multiple colors, sizes, and styles for your ideal shade solution. Choose between a
- Posted: July 02, 2018Categories: Grower's GuideRead more »While most of us plan our planting season from spring to fall, the mid-summer heat can create a challenge for many gardeners. High temperatures, dry air, pests, and diseases can make managing plants a bit more difficult from June to August. Find out how to help your plants beat the heat this season with these summer gardening tips.
1. Utilize a shade canopy or shade cloth.Sunlight plays a huge role in your plant’s growth. However, too much heat can be detrimental to your planting efforts. A consistently hot climate dries out planting soil, causes plants to wilt and often prevents them from producing fruit. Even heat-loving plants like peppers and tomatoes delay flowering once the temperatures reach mid-90’s Fahrenheit. So, how do you ensure plants receive sufficient sunlight with frying in the summer sun? Prevent plants from over-heating even on the hottest summer days with an easy-to-use shade solution. Shade cloths block up to 70% of harmful UV rays while allowing rain and air to flow through so plants get just enough of everything they need. Or, try a maneuverable shade canopy for up to 50% shade over plants wherever you need it. Shop more shade solutions for plants that stay cool and comfortable during growth.
2. Water stra
- Read more »
Now that the warm weather’s here to stay for awhile, you probably want to spend as much time outdoors as possible. But when your backyard aesthetic is less than enjoyable, it can be easy to resort to the couch. This year, create an outdoor oasis you’ll want to escape to by easily incorporating a few added essentials. Give your backyard an upgrade with these must-have deck and patio products for an organized, comfortable, and attractive outdoor space.
Nothing puts a damper on your deck and patio more than unsightly trash or clutter. Conceal any eyesore with the multi-purpose Versa-Shed! The Versa-Shed is the ultimate trash storage solution, easily concealing garbage, bins, and much more for a great looking outdoor space. With a 2-point locking system, high-quality steel materials, and a glossy onyx finish, the Versa-Shed ensures a durable and secure storage solution. Find out more about these versatile solutions here.
- Posted: June 01, 2016
- Posted: May 05, 2016Categories: Holiday Gift Guides
Skip the flowers this year and check out some of these creative Mother's Day home and garden gift ideas!
Most of the Mom’s we know are super-women who wear many hats: splitting their time between working inside and outside the home, how often do they really have the opportunity to relax?
This year, instead of spending on Mother’s Day flowers, consider giving mom an even greater gift - the gift of relaxation. Celebrate Mom right with some creative Mother's Day home and garden gift ideas.
Bring the Spa Experience to your Backyard
Relaxation doesn’t have to mean a pricey trip to a 5-star spa or resort (although that would be nice). There are plenty of ways that you can bring the “spa experience” home, at a fraction of what it would cost for that fancy spa trip.
You can do this by transforming your space into a haven of comfort and relaxation by converting even the most modest of outdoor spaces into attractive, and rejuvenating locations. The best part? Since you’ll be converting your own property, it won’t be a “one-time gift,” but rather something she’ll be able to enjoy again and again.
Change of Scenery
Unlike traditional canopies, the rounded Monarc Canopy is a beautiful addition to any outdoor space. When strategically placed in your backyard or patio, and surrounded by Mom’s favorite plants, shrubbery or flowers; this canopy can be converted into a peaceful covered walkway that offers the opportunity for Mom to step away from the hustle and bustle of her busy life and focus instead on relaxation, meditation