What is a Metal Shed?
A metal shed is a standalone structure designed to store items to shield them from elements like wind, rain, snow, and UV rays. These durable buildings are ideal for adding storage space to your home or business, and provide a cost-effective way to protect items from damage. Steel sheds come in a variety of sizes, shapes, and colors and can be fully customized to fit your needs.
Why Choose a Metal Shed over Plastic or Wood?
Metal sheds provide the most protection from the elements when compared to their wood or plastic counterparts. A metal shed by ShelterLogic will resist against rust and corrosion, while wood sheds have a tendency to rot if not taken care of properly. Wood sheds can also be a fire hazard while a metal shed is not. Overall, a metal shed is more durable than plastic or wood.
What Can You Store in a Metal Shed?
Depending on the size of the metal shed you choose, the possibilities are endless as to what you can store inside. You can store small vehicles, animal feed, lawn and garden equipment, seasonal items, bicycles, tools, and anything else that will not be ruined by humidity or extreme temperatures. You want to avoid storing anything like photos, food, musical instruments, or electronics in a steel shed.
How Do You Choose a Metal Shed?
Here are a few factors to keep in mind when choosing the ideal metal shed for your property:
- Size: Make sure that not only the metal shed will fit on your property, but also that you know exactly what you are storing inside and have enough room for your belongings.
- Budget: There are metal sheds for every price point, but staying within your budget is important.
- Style: Metal sheds come in a variety of shapes and sizes, as well as roof styles. Choose the metal shed that best fits your outdoor aesthetic.
- Features: It is important to pay attention to the different features that are most important to you. For example, find a shed with a lock if you are focused on security.
What Size Metal Shed Do I Need?
You may wonder the best size outdoor metal shed to fit your belongings. Here is a handy guide to choosing the right size shed for your property:
- 4 x 3 shed: This size is ideal for a set of outdoor furniture, some garbage cans, or other small lawn and garden tools.
- 6 x 5 shed: This is ideal for a grill, wheelbarrow, or other larger items like a ladder.
- 8 x 8 shed: This size is enough to store most of your gardening equipment including rakes, a lawnmower, garden house, and even trash cans.
- 12 x 10 shed: This is a larger shed that can not only store lawn and garden equipment, but can also add in larger items like an ATV or riding mower.
- 10 x 14 shed: This size will truly encompass everything you need to store outdoors. This gives you a large amount of storage still with a small footprint for your yard.