You already know so many amazing ways you can utilize an outdoor storage shed. Keeping your car or truck inside to shield them from the elements, or tucking away garden tools are just a few common shed uses. But have you thought outside of the box when it comes to your storage shed? Here are 10 innovative and creative shed uses for when you’re ready to breathe new life into your storage solution!
Shed Uses for Quiet TimeLet’s face it. Sometimes, we can’t find that quiet space inside the house that we need. Whether you want to watch television without fighting anyone for the remote, or maybe you need that meditative space to work on a hobby, a ShelterTech shed can make it happen! A spacious option like The Commander Series Storage Building will allow you plenty of options to customize. Here are some innovative shed uses for sneaking away to your own special hideout:
- Man Cave: Create your own home away from home. Check out our past blog for fun ideas on how to make it your own.
- She Shed: That’s right ladies, men don’t get to have all the fun! Whether you want to create a relaxing oasis to relax, or take up a hobby, this is a woman’s answer to the ever so popular man cave.
- Artist’s Studio: Backyard Buildings and More suggests to transform your shed into a quiet spot to paint or work on your glass blowing project. What a great place to get your creative juices flowing!
Storage Has Never Been So FunSheds don’t always have to stow away items to keep them away from the elements. If you’re ready to retire your outdoor storage solution from doing the dirty work, think of some shed uses that would bring a little extra fun to your family. While this Red Barn Steel Storage Shed is an ultra-strong option to store just about anything, it’s also an imaginative way to create fun spaces like these:
- Kid’s Playhouse: Give your kids a safe place to keep their toys and use their imagination using your outdoor shed.
- Haunted Halloween Hideout: Create a spooky space for ghouls and goblins on All Hallows Eve! Check out our past blog for more Halloween inspired ideas.
Shed Uses to Get Work DoneSheds can become an extension of our homes, and even our lives. Your imagination is the only limit to how you can use your storage solution. Why not use it to get some extra work done?
- Outdoor Gym: Ditch your high-priced gym membership and create your own retreat in your back yard with some free weights or even your treadmill.
- Office: Sometimes, we just don’t have space in the house for an office. Transform your shed into a quiet space where you can escape to finish up your work.
- Repair Shop: Don’t want to work on your motorcycle out in the blistering heat? Bring your workshop in the shade and create your own bike shop.
Turn Your Shed Into a HomeIf you come up with the right game plan, you can add electricity and just about any creature comfort to your shed that you want. It’s becoming more and more popular to downsize to save money. Whether it’s for yourself, or man’s best friend, here are some creative ways to use a shed to live in.
- Tiny House: The tiny house movement is popular in the U.S. right now, as more people are looking to downsize and challenge themselves to live modestly. It’s not for everyone, but it is a new way for people to get out of debt.
- Animal Shelter: Why not turn your outdoor shed into the ultimate spot for your furry friends? Some people add comfy couches, fans, and even air conditioning as a separate living area for pets!