Why Use Greenhouses?
Greenhouses are the perfect way to control the environment and allow your crops to grow to their full potential. Whether it’s the heat of the summer, or frigid temperatures in the winter, greenhouses can extend your growing season and keep your plants protected from Mother Nature. Deciding which portable greenhouse to purchase comes down to how many crops you’re planning to grow and how much space you have on your property. From DIY greenhouse kits to heavy-duty high tunnel greenhouse options, ShelterLogic Group has an array of choices to fit any budget.
Types of Greenhouse
There are a wide variety of greenhouse options to choose from, whether you’re enhancing your backyard garden or planning on investing in a large high tunnel greenhouse.
- Mini growhouse: A 4-tier mini greenhouse is a perfect choice for beginners and experienced gardeners alike who want to start seedlings or extend their growing season. The design allows for the ideal amount of sunlight while also blocking harsh UV rays, reducing plant damage and preventing harm from insects and pests. This solution is compact and can fit on patios, decks, sunrooms and more.
- Backyard raised bed greenhouse: A raised bed greenhouse is also a great solution for starting seedlings and extending growing seasons. It comes with a roll up cover that provides airflow and controls temperature. Perfect for backyard gardens.
- Greenhouse in a box: A greenhouse in a box is an especially convenient solution for portable gardening. The easy to set up design allows for set up and tear down during growing seasons, while still providing the highest quality construction and growing environment. The translucent, ripstop cover is waterproof and UV-treated, providing enhanced illumination.
- High tunnel greenhouse: A high tunnel greenhouse is a perfect solution for novice and expert gardeners alike who are ready to produce more yield more efficiently. At ShelterLogic, we offer customizable full kit tunnel greenhouses, allowing you to choose the length and width of your structure to meet your specific needs.
Portable Greenhouses with Small Footprints
If you’re not looking for a lot of growing space, but still want to up your game in the gardening department, investing in a raised bed greenhouse is a great way to start. It’s easy to put together, and constructed with high quality steel. The roll up cover allows for maximum temperature control. The triple-layer cover is also waterproof and UV-treated inside and out.
Another perfect choice for a greenhouse big on value and small on size is GrowIT Backyard Mini Greenhouse. The clear fabric lets light in, while reducing harmful UV rays. The double zipper door panel gives you easy access to your plants and seeds.
Greenhouses with Simple Set Up and Great Value
When you need more space than a raised bed greenhouse, but want minimal setup, The AccelaFrame Greenhouse is sure to be your ideal choice. The ultimate option in portable greenhouses, it can be easily disassembled and assembled again in a fraction of the time thanks to AccelaFrame’s Quick Frame Assembly System. This greenhouse is also 2x stronger than comparable shelters.
Another durable option with simple setup is GrowIT Greenhouse-in-a-Box. As its name boasts, it is ready to put together when it arrives. Built with a powder-coated steel frame and ShelterLock stabilizers, this greenhouse is durable and strong. Enjoy the Easy-Flow side panels and end-panel vents for added temperature control.
Tough Options for Maximum Results
If you’re in the market for greenhouses with a little more space to grow, the GrowIT High Arch Greenhouse is a great choice that provides 12 feet of overhead growing height. Built with a translucent ripstop cover, it’s durable and UV-treated inside and out. The fabric prevents over-heating, and gives consistent lighting to your plants. Roll-up side panels give added airflow, with hook and loop fastener strips to keep the sides down.
For experienced growers, GrowIT Heavy Duty Greenhouse will deliver quality construction with maximum results for best in class value. The specially designed ClearView heat bonded translucent cover increases plant growth and protection. It features a heavy-duty all-steel frame that is chip and corrosion resistant. This greenhouse also includes:
- Ratchet Tite tensioning system
- ShelterLock Stabilizers for added strength
- Roll-up side panels and screen vents for added temperature control
With so many different greenhouse options to choose from, there’s no way you can go wrong. Shop ShelterLogic greenhouses today.
Greenhouse Frequently Asked Questions
Do greenhouses work in the winter?
Greenhouses are the perfect solution to reliable growing during the cooler seasons. Try growing harder plants like brussel sprouts, cabbage, potatoes, and winter squash.
Is a greenhouse worth the investment?
A greenhouse is a worthwhile investment for every gardener. They not only allow you to grow year-round, but they also provide you with the ability to better control the environment your plants are growing in. They’re the perfect solution for backyards where rodents and pests are an issue or where weather is unpredictable throughout the season.