- Posted: March 05, 2022Categories: Uses and TipsComments: 1Read more »Whether you live in an urban neighborhood or own a smaller home, your backyard is probably too small to accommodate a large storage solution. Still, you likely have many items to store and a bulky structure would just crowd the outdoor space you do have. What you need is a practical and compact storage option. A compact storage shed allows you to store gardening tools, outdoor equipment, and more right where you need it without sacrificing precious yard space. ...
- Read more »
Adding tarp structures to your property has a variety of benefits, from increasing curb appeal to providing a convenient spot to store anything from seasonal items to automobiles. While metal storage buildings are ultra-strong, a tarp shed or a tarp building is also a reliable and durable way to protect belongings from the elements at a fraction of the price tag of a permanent building.
Maintaining a tarp shed is simple with consistent inspections and quarterly maintenance. Sometimes, a tarp shed frame can appear to be in good condition but may not be ready for a harsh winter. There are specific ways to ensure your fabric structure lasts season after season. From frequent inspections to purchasing a ShelterLogic replacement cover, here are all the ways to keep your tarp structures looking great and staying functional for years to come.
Start with Proper Assembly of Tarp Shed Frame
Proper assembly ensures consistent performance and functionality when it comes to a fabric structure. Make sure to keep these tips in mind when erecting your shelter to keep it in ideal working condition.
- Find the right surface: Always make sure you are starting off on the right foot by placing tarp structures on a level surface. Avoid low lying areas that may cause water to pool or be prone to flooding. If you erect your tarp shed frame on uneven ground, it may cause structural issues that could have been easily avoided.
- Use directions: This may seem like a no-brainer, but make sure to have the manual open and handy while assembling tarp structures. Even if you are a DIY pro, following the instructions is incredibly important for your safety and the longevity of any fabric structure. ...
- Read more »
Portable outdoor sheds and tarp buildings are among the most versatile and functional features you can add to any outdoor space. Whether you want more storage, a storehouse for your livestock feed, an office space, or a portable garage, the possibilities are only limited by your imagination.
There are many different options on the market, but not all portable outdoor buildings are created equally and so in this article, we'll go over the best models and look at some great ways to use them to enhance your property.
Keep reading to learn:
- Five great ways to use your portable outdoor shed
- Why you should choose ShelterLogic Fabric Buildings and Sheds
- The best outdoor shed and tarp buildings on the market
- And much more!
- Posted: December 17, 2021Categories: Uses and Tips, Uses and TipsRead more »Looking for a low-maintenance, multi-purpose, and mobile backyard structure? Check out our selection of portable building kits for convenient and reliable storage, shelter, and more solutions to satisfy your needs.
Why Choose a Portable Building?When searching for a shelter or storage structure, it’s important to consider a few factors to determine the best option for your needs – one of those factors being portability vs. permanence.
Portable building kits provide a convenient and versatile space for a wide range of purposes. These structures typically consist of an easy-to-assemble frame with a fabric or tarp cover. Compared to permanent structures, portable solutions offer these benefits and more:
- Both short-term and long-term usage capabilities.
- Typically no building permits, added property taxes, or on-site renovations are required.
- Portable buildings offer an affordable and low-maintenance investment.
- Units are easy to assemble, disassemble, and move to repurpose when desired.
While permanent structures have their advantages too, these are just a few benefits when you opt for a portable building. For more reasons to choose portable over permanent, check out our 6 benefits to using a temporary storage solution....
- Posted: December 09, 2021Categories: Patio Storage, Shelters and ShedsRead more »
Decorating for the holidays makes everything more festive and fun! However, after the holidays have passed, putting everything away can feel like a logistical nightmare. Not only is it always a struggle to find enough room, but it’s important to keep everything organized, so it’s easy to decorate again next year.
Knowing how to store outdoor Christmas decorations will help you put everything safely away without turning it into a major project! Follow these smart Christmas decoration storage tips, and you’ll be back indoors relaxing before you know it.
Porch & Yard Décor
While those light-up reindeer and holiday snowmen might look great in your front yard, figuring out how to put them safely away is one of the biggest Christmas decoration storage challenges. The first step is to figure out what you should box up and what’s better left out on its own.
While outdoor décor is built to withstand the elements, you’ll still need to protect them when they’re not on display. To store inflatables, carefully fold them up, wind up their electrical cords, and put them together inside a weatherproof box. Clear plastic storage boxes with tight-fitting lids are one of the best options. They'll keep out dust and moisture and allow you to see what's inside.
Larger porch and yard decorations are often safest if they’re left out and placed in a safe corner of your garage or storage shed. If the dec...
- Posted: July 12, 2021Categories: Shelters and ShedsRead more »
When spending so much time creating a beautifully landscaped yard, the last thing you want is to spoil the curb appeal with stray lawn equipment laying around an outdoor space. Whether it’s mowers, rakes, or gardening tools, it’s important to have an outdoor storage building to tuck away these items both for the aesthetic of your yard as well as convenience. Here are 5 lawn equipment storage ideas along with 5 reasons why you should invest in proper lawn equipment storage.
5 Reasons Why Proper Lawn Equipment Storage is a Key Investment
Stowing away the mower and other yard tools is more important than making your outdoor space easy on the eyes. Over the long run, this investment will save you time and money. Here are 5 reasons why you should consider an outdoor shed for your yard.
Did you know that homes with great curb appeal tend to sell for 7% more than homes without an attractive exterior? Investing in lawn equipment storage means you won’t have these items crowding your front, back, or side yard. This makes a big difference in your home's curb appeal and shouldn’t be underestimated.
Equipment Lasts Longer
Keeping lawn tools out of the elements is a huge reason why durable lawn equipment storage is a must-have for every homeowner. For example, your lawn mower is a big investment. Keeping it away from the elements means it will ...
- Posted: December 12, 2018Read more »The first big snow of the winter season can be an exciting time. But there’s nothing fun about winter’s fury when the slush and sleet arrives and you aren’t prepared. If you don’t have your winter tools ready on time, you may be facing an uphill battle when trying to clear the driveway or scrape ice from your windshield. Here are some winter storm prep ideas to make sure your backyard storage building is ready for this season.
Winter Storm Prep to Keep Your Building SafeAn outdoor storage shed or backyard garage can certainly become damaged over the years if you don’t protect it from the elements. The first thing you should do for winter storm prep is to consider insulating your shed. Controlling the temperature of your storage building can go a long way in maintaining it year-round. To learn how to insulate a shed, read more here. If you live in a climate where you experience heavy snowfall, you should also consider purchasing a roof strengthening kit for your Arrow shed. This can increase the roof strength up to 50% with a small investment. It is easy to install and will ensure your shed can stand up to heavy snow accumulation. Borsello Landscaping also suggests to trim back trees and low hanging branches ahead of the first snow, too. Weak branches and heavy snowfall don’t mix, and can spell trouble for your shed or backyard garage. ...
- Posted: June 28, 2018Categories: Buying GuideRead more »
The summer season brings with it plenty of warmer weather - which means more outdoor tasks, activities, and events. And most outdoor activities require extra storage. Whether you want an easy way to keep blankets and pillows in close reach or you need to house large, bulky outdoor items you may need for the season. Where do you put it all for easy access while summer’s in full swing? This year, step up your summer storage with one of these helpful solutions to keep seasonal items always within reach.
1. Deck and Patio Storage.
Throughout the summer, your deck and patio gets a lot of action. Pool supplies, furniture cushions, and more need to be kept close by so you’re prepared for all your upcoming weekend cookouts and backyard bashes. Keep blankets and cushions on hand and ready for your next summer bash by storing them in a functional and attractive storage box like the SpaceMaker Deck Box. The Deck Box is the ultimate deck and patio storage chest. Featuring hot-dipped galvanized steel, up to 509 liters of storage space, and a charming basket weave exterior, it will keep items secure and it will add an attractive aesthetic to your backyard deck or patio space. Units come in both anthracite and espresso colors.
2. RV Storage.
- Posted: March 10, 2017Categories: Buying GuideRead more »If your backyard looks like a mess, it'll be tough to sit back, relax and enjoy the scenery come springtime. That's why the perfect backyard oasis starts with an organized outdoor storage space and garden shed. And if you're like us, you may already be thinking about gardening, early seedlings, and where to store all that garden equipment in a way that's easily accessible. You may event want your items stored under lock and key. The first step in creating a heavenly backyard space is to choose the best possible outdoor storage unit.
Choosing the Ultimate Garden ShedNeed a place to store soil for gardening? Hang garden tools for easier access? What about a safe, lockable space where you can store away pool equipment and bird seed? Finding reliable outdoor storage is the first step in creating the perfect backyard environment for you and your family. Garden sheds are great for organizing your items so they're out of sight, but easy to access and many are easy to set up and make perfect seasonal storage. Others offer great long-term storage solutions that won't break the bank. So how do you find the garden shed or outdoor storage space that's right for you?
Measure Your SpaceIt may seem silly, but make sure that you have the proper permissions to set up a storage unit on your property. Find out what your building codes are, and make sure you're legally allowed to set up that extra storage for your backyard or patio area. In most cases, this isn't an issue but you will want to be sure. If you're renting, make sure that your landlord gives you the green light to set up a stylish garden shed or extra outdoor storage space or unit in your backyard. Next, measure your space. Figure out how much of your backyard space you want to designate for storage. Based on the available space you want to use for your unit, you'll be able to narrow down the different options.